Thursday, January 28, 2021

Resuming my campervan journey

Today is a special for me. After a 6 years hiatus, I once again became a campervan owner. My latest campervan is a Toyota Camroad Liberty 5, built by Annex. It is an early Camroad model with manual 4wd and a 2.8 litre diesel engine. Mechanically, it is in good condition, but the cab body will need some work to tidy up. The ongoing pandemic lockdown will give me some time to understand this campervan and also do some minor repairs myself, especially the storage compartment locks, which are frozen quite badly. I will provide more update as I explore my "new" campervan.


My Camroad first day at home. I am looking forward to go on roadtrip with it soon!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, your campervan looks like a van I am looking to buy within the next week. I am enquiring about travelling from the UK to Australia but stopping off at places on route, I understand it may cost lots of money to ship the motor home across the ferry from indonesia/South Asia to Australia so I was curious to know what the market is like for campervan in South East Asia. I am finding little information about the route or anyone who has done this. I have came across your blog and have found it very interesting. I would like to speak with yourself and find out what it is you plan to do and when you plan to do it, also if you have any advice on the above. Look forward to hearing from you and good luck on your journey!

TJ Chang said...

Thanks for your interest in my blog. The past 1-2 years have seen a surge of interest of campervan among Malaysians, as of now there is a small but growing community of campervan enthusiasts here especially the DIY builders.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chang, may i ask, did you import the Camroad directly from Japan? I am interested in traveling with van around Malaysia after pandemic lockdown. I am looking into trade my small car with a van. Thanks.

T.V. Wade said...

Thank you foor this